FASTJET VALENTINES DAY, “Love Is In The Air” COMPETITION
31 January 2023
Fastjet is excited to announce that this Valentine’s Day will be extra special with the launch of the ‘Love Is In The Air’ Competition. A lucky winner will be flying away with their travel partner to a fastjet destination of their choice.
To enter, mention your favourite couple and briefly tell us how they met in the comments on our Facebook and Instagram competition post. The most romantic and interesting story will win complimentary tickets to a destination of their choice.
The competition will run for the period from Thursday, 2nd February 2023 and ends on Friday, 10th February 2023 at 17h00. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, 14th February 2023 via the fastjet Facebook and Instagram page.
Winning Criteria: Most romantic/interesting love story wins.
NO FLIGHT BOOKING IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A NEW FASTJET FLIGHT BOOKING DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Competition is open only to persons aged 18 years or over as of the date of entry. The Competition is only open to legal residents of Botswana, Zimbabwe and the Republic of South Africa and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of fastjet Pty Ltd (referred to as “fastjet”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition. The Competition is subject to all local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Previous competition winners in the last 6 months will not be eligible to participate in the competition.
2. Acceptance of Terms & Conditions: Entry submission is deemed acceptance of these Competition Rules and terms by each entrant.
3. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of fastjet as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Competition.
4. Competition Period: Entries will be accepted online starting from the 2nd February 2023 at 11h00 and ending Friday, 10th February 2023 at 17h00. All entries must be posted by 10th February 2023 at 17h00.
5. How to Enter: The Competition must be entered by replying to our competition post.
6. How your favourite couple met. The entry must fulfil all Competition requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of fastjet. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of fastjet.
7. Prizes: The Winner of the Competition (the “Winner”) will receive two (2) tickets for their favourite couple to a fastjet destination of their choice. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by fastjet. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for fastjet to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. In claiming the prize, the winner shall automatically conform to fastjet’s Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
8. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received as well of the quality of the reply.
9. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by fastjet Management. Winner will be announced on the Fastjet Facebook and Instagram page on Tuesday, 14th February 2023. Fastjet shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [30 days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Competition is conditioned upon compliance with any and all laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT fastjet‘s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE COMPETITION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
10. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., email address, mobile number etc.), You understand and agree that fastjet, anyone acting on behalf of fastjet, and fastjet’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Competition, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. Without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of fastjet. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless fastjet from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which fastjet may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
11. Terms & Conditions: fastjet reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond fastjet’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Competition. In such case, fastjet may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by fastjet. fastjet reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. fastjet has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void likes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Competition rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, fastjet reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless fastjet and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
13. Disputes: This Competition IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF BOTSWANA, ZIMBABWE AND THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA respectively. As a condition of participating in this Competition, the Participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Competition). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
15. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to [email protected]. Requests must be received no later than 28th February 2023.
16. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Competition is fastjet Pty Ltd. The Competition hosted by fastjet is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or any social media organisation.