The earlier you arrive at check-in, the quicker you can sit back, relax and look forward to your journey.
Opening and closing times
Our airport check-in desks open two (2) hours before and close exactly 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Online check-in is available between 24 hours and three (3) hours before the scheduled departure time. If you have checked baggage, you need to proceed to the check in desks to drop your bags. Otherwise you may proceed directly to the gate.
If you booked a Value Plus fare, you can breeze though check-in by using the dedicated check-in queue exclusive to our Value Plus customers.
Look out for the sign at the check-in counters and make your way straight to your exclusive queue.
What you should bring with you
When checking in, you will need to provide
- Proof of Identification (it must be either your National issued identity card / document or passport)
- If you have completed the online check-in, you must present the boarding pass sent to you via email or available via the APP. If you do not have this available, you will be required to present yourself at the check-in desk to request a reissue of the boarding pass.
If you arrive at the check-in desk late (less than 40 minutes before departure) you will be DENIED BOARDING. Our tickets are non-refundable in the event of a late arrival or when you are unable to fly due to personal circumstances. If you have missed your flight you have some options available to you. Click here for further information.
Opening and closing times
Boarding gates open 30 minutes before and close 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Please ensure you are at the gate on time. Failing to be at the gate on time will result in Denied Boarding.
As part of our exclusive offering and benefits of choosing the Value plus fare, Value plus customers can skip the boarding queue and head straight to the front of the line. Be the first to board the plane, settle into your seat and relax ahead of your flight. This benefit is available at the boarding gates in Harare, Bulawayo, Victoria Falls and Johannesburg airports. The benefits of Priority Boarding shall remain subject to the airport facilities and or constraints and other environmental factors at each station.
Airport Lounge Access
Value Plus customers can sit back, relax, and enjoy the amenities in select lounges.
How to get your free access to the lounge
Our Value Plus customers will be issued with a lounge pass or voucher at the Value Plus dedicated check-in counter.
The voucher will have the details of the participating lounge that you are invited to relax in prior to boarding your flight.
Make your way through the security control points and present your voucher or pass at the participating lounge’s reception desk.
What you need to know
- Lounge access is only available at participating lounges in the Harare, Bulawayo, Victoria Falls and Johannesburg airports.
- Airport lounges are privately owned. Capacity limitations may apply. Operating hours and any restrictions are at the sole discretion of the lounge owners and management team. Fastjet cannot be held responsible for any circumstances beyond their control related to the access and use of the lounges.
- Complimentary services may not be bartered or exchanged for any paid service and will be limited for the exclusive use of eligible customers only.
- All services are available for use on day of flight only and in accordance with prescribed conditions of the service provider.
- No complimentary service will be refunded if unused or where access to the designated lounge is capacity limited by the service provider.
- Lounge access is available to Value Plus customers from two (2) hours prior to departure.
- A lounge pass is valid for a single entry and for the booked customer only.
Proof of Identification and Visas
For information specific to each destination, refer to our travel documents section.
Below is a list of documents that you require to have with you:
For domestic travel
You are required to present your government-issued ID document.
For international travel
- You are required to present a valid passport, which does not expire in six (6) months or less from the date of departure and has two (2) blank pages. A machine-readable passport is required when travelling to South Africa. Please get an individual biometric passport for each child before travel. A machine-readable passport has a series of numbers, letters and symbols at the bottom of the photo page.
- If required, please ensure you carry any relevant Visa on your person. Depending on your destination you may be issued with a Visa on arrival, although this can be a lengthy and potentially inconvenient process (long queues, humid airports, etc.). If you can get your Visa before you travel, we advise that you do so. For more information on whether you need a Visa, what documentation should be submitted, what it will cost and any other requirements, visit the relevant government websites.
- If you are unable to provide the required documentation, you will not be allowed to board.