- Visa information
To obtain a visa, travellers will need to provide the following:
- A valid and acceptable passport or travel document. The validity must be for a minimum of 30 days beyond the period of intended stay. However, a validity of six months is recommended at all times.
- At least two blank pages in your passport for endorsements.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay.
- Hold a return or onward ticket.
- Yellow fever certificates if your journey starts within, or entails passing through, the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.
- If travelling with children under 18 (minors), a proof of guardianship or custody, or consent from the guardian in the case of an unaccompanied minor, is needed.
- Two colour passport photographs.
Information on visa requirements for all our destinations is for guide purposes only, and is subject to change. For more information on visas and fees associated with obtaining a visa, visit any of the countries' government websites.
All visitors require a visa with the exception of citizens of some African and commonwealth countries. Visas can be issued on arrival at Dar es Salaam and Kilimanjaro international airports. However, obtaining visas in advance from Tanzanian Embassies and High Commissions is advised in order to avoid long queues. www.immigration.go.tz
The Embassy of Zimbabwe issues tourist visas on arrival at either Harare or Victoria Falls International Airports, for a maximum stay of 90 days. Business visas are also issued upon arrival at these airports for a stay up to 30 days. Fees vary between US$ 30 and US$ 100. www.zimimmigration.gov.zw.
Visitors' visas are a requirement for international travellers with a permanent residence outside South Africa. Visas may be granted to those who wish to visit on a temporary basis for tourism, business or visiting family or friends. These visas are valid for a period of 90 days or less. Requirements for visitors' visas differ from country to country, and are subject to change. Ensure that visas are applied for before departure, as they are not issued on arrival in South Africa. www.dha.gov.za
All foreign citizens wishing to travel to Kenya will need an e-visa, except citizens from countries who are exempt. Applications for all e-visas to enter Kenya need to be completed online and in three easy steps:
- Create a single account that will be used for future e-visa applications.
- Fill the application form and pay securely using Visa or Mastercard.
- Download the e-visa PDF from the e-visa visitor account.
An e-visa is valid for three months before travel. Present yourself to immigration control at the port of entry where you may be issued with a stay period of up to 90 days. www.evisa.go.ke
Any foreign person intending to enter into Uganda must obtain a visa and can be obtained at Uganda missions abroad or on arrival. The singly entry visa is valid for up to 90 days. www.gov.ug
As of October 2015, all foreign nationals who require a visa can apply online via the e-visa facility. Different visas are available depending on the nature of your trip. Each visitor to Zambia must declare the main purpose for visit. The Zambia Immigration website contains visa guidelines for various types of visitors. www.evisa.zambiaimmigration.gov.zm
- Our check-in desks open 2 hours before the scheduled departure time and close exactly 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- Passengers arriving at the check-in desk less than 40 minutes before departure will be DENIED BOARDING.
- Our tickets are non-refundable in the event of late arrival or when you are unable to fly due to personal circumstances. See our cancellation policy for more information.
- Information on your boarding gate will be given on airport departure screens. All fastjet flight numbers start with FN. You can find this number on your ticket.
- Boarding gates open 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time and close 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- Passengers arriving less than 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time at the boarding gate will be DENIED BOARDING.
- Our tickets are non-refundable in the event of of late arrival or when you are unable to fly due to personal circumstances. See our cancellation policy for more information.
- All passengers require a passport valid for at least 6 months from day of departure that has two blank pages.
- ONLY on domestic flights, travel with a photo identity document issued by the government is permitted.
- You should have any relevant VISA for international flights.
- If you travel to/from South Africa you are required to produce an unbridged birth certificate for each child under the age of 18. Please see FAQs for more information.
- All travellers, including children and minors, are required to carry a machine-readable passport when travelling to South Africa. You must attain an individual biometric passport for each child before travel. A machine-readable passport has a series of numbers, letters and symbols at the bottom of the photo page. For example:
- If you fail to provide the required documentation you will be DENIED BOARDING.
Online Price Guarantee Book your ticket directly from www.fastjet.com to avoid extra fees