- Expectant Mothers
- Expectant mothers may travel on fastjet flights up to the end of the 35th week of pregnancy, including return flights.
- If you are expecting more than one baby, all flights must be completed by week 32.
- We recommend that in all cases you consult your doctor before flying with us.
- Expectant mothers who are over 28 weeks pregnant will need a certificate from their doctor, confirming that they are able to fly. A certificate issued by your midwife is not accepted.
- Expectant mothers failing to provide the required documentation will be DENIED BOARDING.
- Childrens' health
- Premature babies (born 3 or more weeks prior to the original expected delivery date) are NOT permitted to fly within 6 months of birth.
- Children with chronic lung conditions or diseases (e.g. cystic fibrosis) must have a HAST test and a 'Fitness to Fly' certificate. Passengers failing to provide the required documentations will be DENIED BOARDING.
- Unaccompanied children
Children under the age of 12:
- Can ONLY travel if accompanied by a person aged 16 years or older who accepts responsibility for the minor.
Children between 12 and 18 years old:
- Can ONLY travel if they carry a written authorisation form permitting them to travel without their parents/legal guardians. The form must be collected from the local polica station.
All children need to carry the same documentation as required for adults:
On international routes:
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from day of departure which has at least two blank pages.
- Visa required to visit the country of destination.
On domestic routes:
- Photo ID document issued by the government. A Family Book (Livret de Famille) will NOT BE ACCEPTED as an ID for a child/infant.
Specific additional requirements apply for children travelling to/from South Africa. Read more here.
- Ticket fares for Infants and Young Children
- Children under 2 years old (referred to as infants) can travel sat on the lap of an adult for a reduced fare. See Fees & Charges Table.
- Children over 2 years old or infants taking a seat will be charged the standard fare quoted at the time of booking.
Online Price Guarantee Book your ticket directly from www.fastjet.com to avoid extra fees